Acid reflux treatment and home remedy to stop symptoms
Learn acid reflux treatment and acid reflux home remedy or remedies of symptoms to stop acid reflux!
WHAT IS ACID REFLUX:
Heartburn is a burning feeling in the chest caused by stomach acid travelling up towards the throat know as acid reflux. If it keeps happening, it’s called gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GORD in the UK) or (GERD in the USA).
Acid reflux is very common in fact 1 in 10 people get acid reflux almost every day! In this weeks video I’m going to give you some great tips that should really help.
MAIN SYMPTOMS OF ACID REFLUX:
• Heartburn – a burning sensation in the middle of your chest
• An unpleasant sour taste in your mouth, caused by stomach acid
You may also have:
• Cough or hiccups that keep coming back
• Hoarse voice
• Bad breath
• Wind, Bloating and feeling sick
• Your symptoms will probably be worse after eating, when lying down and when bending over.
BLOOD PRESSURE MONITOR PRO:
If you or a loved one suffer with high blood pressure then I'd like to introduce you to my blood pressure monitor pro app!
I’ve spent over 2 years creating the blood pressure monitor pro app to help patients monitor home blood pressure readings, see trends and most importantly analyze your lifestyle and tell you what to improve on!
So if you don’t already have it download it today from your app store! Just search, "Blood pressure monitor pro" and make sure the icon matches or click the relevant links below,
Apple App Store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/blood-pressure-monitor-pro/id1545186408
Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.bloodpressuremonitorapp_a
Blood Pressure Monitor Pro Website: https://www.bloodpressuremonitorpro.com
TIPS THAT HELP WITH ACID REFLUX:
• Eat smaller, more frequent meals
• Raise one end of your bed 10 to 20cm by putting something under your bed or mattress – make it so your chest and head are above the level of your waist, so stomach acid doesn't travel up towards your throat
• Try to lose weight if you're overweight,
- The recommended ways to lose weight are through a healthy diet and regular exercise. If you are looking at ways of losing weight, check out my previous videos on how lose weight the healthy way,
• If you are a smoker stop smoking,
- Here is my YouTube video on how to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WYvJ5NJa1M
• Some foods and drinks may make reflux worse in some people, here is a link to a great acid reflux diet sheet which I mentioned in the video: https://patient.info/health/acid-reflux-and-oesophagitis/features/diet-sheet-for-oesophageal-reflux
• Tips on cutting down on alcohol: https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/alcohol-advice/tips-on-cutting-down-alcohol
• Tips on reducing caffeine intake: https://www.nhstaysidecdn.scot.nhs.uk/NHSTaysideWeb/idcplg?IdcService=GET_SECURE_FILE&dDocName=PROD_261261&Rendition=web&RevisionSelectionMethod=LatestReleased&noSaveAs=1
If lifestyle changes and pharmacy medicines aren't helping then please see your GP.
Any of the following red flags should prompt you to urgently see a GP:
• Have heartburn most days for 3 weeks or more
• Have other symptoms, like food getting stuck in your throat or difficulty swallowing
• Are frequently being sick
• Have unexplained weight loss
• Have black or tarry stools
• Have a gnawing, sharp or stabbing pain.
• Feel like you have a lump in your stomach
• Have bloody vomit or poo
I have tried my best to add as many red flag symptoms but incase I have missed anything please make sure to visit the following pages as well,
MEDICAL ADVICE DISCLAIMER:
All content in this video and description including: information, opinions, content, references and links is for informational purposes only. The Author does not provide any medical advice on the Site. Accessing, viewing, reading or otherwise using this content does NOT create a physician patient relationship between you and it’s author. Providing personal or medical information to the Principal author does not create a physician patient relationship between you and the Principal author or authors. Nothing contained in this video or it’s description is intended to establish a physician patient relationship, to replace the services of a trained physician or health care professional, or otherwise to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. You should consult a licensed physician or appropriately credentialed health care worker in your community in all matters relating to your health.
About this video: Searching acid reflux treatment? In this video, Advanced Medical Practitioner Abraham Khodadi, MPharm(Hons)IPresc MScACP shares acid reflux home remedy or remedies of symptoms to stop acid reflux!