Abraham The Pharmacist
Dry Eyes | Treatment For Dry Eyes Symptoms Causes Home Remedies Drops
Pharmacist Abraham, discusses Dry Eyes. Eye Drops For Dry Eyes, Treatment, Symptoms, Causes. Dry Eye, Home Remedies, Treat, Cure and Lots More.
In this weeks video we’re looking at Treatment For Dry Eyes Symptoms Causes Home Remedies Drops. This video consists of the current information on Treatment, Drops, Remedies For Dry Eyes Symptoms.
00:00 Dry Eyes | Treatment For Dry Eyes Symptoms Causes Home Remedies Drops
00:31 Dry Eyes Symptoms Causes
01:12 Treatment For Dry Eyes Symptoms Home Remedies Drops
13:13 When To Seek Medical Advice For Dry Eyes
DRY EYES SYMPTOMS CAUSES:
Many people get dry eyes. It's not usually serious and there are things you can do to help.
You may have dry eyes if your eyes are:
• Sensitive to light
• More watery than normal
You may be more likely to get dry eyes if:
• You're over the age of 50
• You wear contact lenses
• You look at computer screens for a long time without a break
• You spend time in air conditioned or heated environments
• It's windy, cold, dry or dusty
• You smoke or drink alcohol
• You take certain medicines
• You have a condition, such as blepharitis, Sjögren's syndrome or lupus
DRY EYES TREATMENT HOME REMEDIES AND DROPS:
What you can do to help with dry eyes:
• Take breaks to rest your eyes when using a computer screen
• Make sure your computer screen is at eye level so you do not strain your eyes
• Use a humidifier to stop the air getting dry
• keep your eyes clean - Here is the video I have on hot compresses and cleaning eye lids - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn8JPBNXnac
• Get plenty of sleep to rest your eyes - Here is my video on getting a better night sleep - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxvNmOTrohw
• If you wear contact lenses, take them out and wear glasses to rest your eyes
• Do not smoke or drink too much alcohol
• Do not spend too long in smoky, dry or dusty places
• Do not spend too long in air conditioned or heated rooms
• Do not stop taking a prescribed medicine without getting medical advice first – even if you think it's causing your symptoms
Artificial tears drops are often a treatment for dry eyes. Some of these are available to buy over the counter without a prescription however you should speak to your healthcare professional prior to getting them.
There are three types of tear substitute.
Drops – Artificial eye drops need to be used often to work well, so make sure you follow your doctor’s instructions. There are many brands of artificial tears; some suit some people better than others and so you may need to try more than one brand before your symptoms improve. Some people develop sensitivity to the preservative used in the drops, but preservative-free drops are available should this happen. It is also advisable to use preservative-free drops if you are using the drops on more regular basis.
Gels – These last longer so do not normally have to be used as regularly as drops.
Ointments -These are used overnight because they are sticky and would interfere with vision during the day.
As mentioned in the video I have two drops on using an eye drop or ointment:
How to use eye drops - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meft0OwowLE
How to use an eye ointment - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqzmmW1lPuU
WHEN TO SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION FOR DRY EYES:
Please speak to your healthcare professional if,
• You still have dry eyes after trying home treatments for a few weeks
• There's any change in the shape of your eyelids
Please seek urgent medical advice if,
• You have any changes to your vision, such as loss of vision
Want to see more videos about everything health and pharmacy? Let me know in the comments below. Subscribe for new videos ▶https://www.youtube.com/c/AbrahamThePharmacist
Prescribing Media Pharmacist | Extreme Optimist | Bringing Science Through New Videos Every Week - Monday 4PM(GMT) YouTube.
I'm a prescribing media pharmacist working in General Practice who loves science, making videos and helping people.
This video is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Abraham The Pharmacist has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Always consult a doctor or other healthcare professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions.
#dryeyes #dryeye #dryeyesyndrome #dryeyessymptoms #eyedropsfordryeyes #dryeyesdrops #dryeyetreatment #treatmentfordryeyes #dryeyestreatment #whatcausesdryeyes #dryeyeshomeremedy #howtocuredryeyespermanently #homeremediesfordryeyes #dryeyesremedy #simplehomeremediesfordryeyes #howtotreatdryeyes #howtogetridofdryeyes #AbrahamThePharmacist #UKmediapharmacist #mediapharmacist #pharmacistpresenter #UKpharmacistpresenter