How To Stop Overeating Information
Pharmacist Abraham, discusses Overeating. How To Stop Overeating. What Causes Overeating. Stop Overeating At Night. The Effects on Health, When To Seek Medical Advice and Lots More.
One of my favourite notifications is your comments and as you may already know more often than not I'll get back to you with a reply and heart. If you'd like more information on any of the questions I've answered or have a question, then let me know so I can try and either dedicate a video to it or get back to you in next months responding to your comments.
00:00 How To Stop Overeating Information
01:42 Overeating Causes
02:45 Stop Overeating
08:56 When To Seek Medical Attention
WHAT IS OVEREATING:
Overeating can cause weight gain which can lead to future health problems like diabetes, heart disease and cancer. So, How can you stop overeating? In this weeks responding to comments I'm going to give TWELVE TIPS to stop overeating! I’ll also go through when to seek medical advice because there are times when you might need help.
WHEN TO SEEK MEDICAL ADVICE FOR OVEREATING:
Please speak to your healthcare professional if any of the following apply to you or someone you may know,
• Any pain in the stomach area before, after or whilst eating.
• If you feel like you want to throw up after eating, this is a serious problem. That’s because you won’t be absorbing enough food to stay alive and could end up growing weak and feeling very ill.
• Binge eating disorder involves regularly eating large portions of food all at once until you feel uncomfortably full, and then often upset or guilty. Binges are often planned in advance and the person may buy "special" binge foods. More information on Binge eating disorder below. Men and women of any age can get binge eating disorder, but it typically starts in the late teens or early 20s.
• If you experience sudden or unexpected weight loss even though you’re eating well.
• If you have any difficulty swallowing.
• Consistent weight gain might lead to obesity. It might not be obvious, but if you’re struggling to lose weight or you’re worried about your health because of your weight then please discuss your concerns with your healthcare professional. We are always happy to help! Useful BMI calculator: https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy-weight/bmi-calculator/
THE SYMPTOMS OF BINGE EATING DISORDER:
The main symptom of binge eating disorder is eating very large amounts of food in a short time, often in an out-of-control way. But symptoms may also include:
• Eating very fast during a binge
• Eating until you feel uncomfortably full
• Eating when you're not hungry
• Eating alone or secretly
• Feeling depressed, guilty, ashamed or disgusted after binge eating
People who regularly eat in this way may have binge eating disorder.
Warning signs of binge eating disorder in someone else,
The following warning signs could indicate that someone you care about has an eating disorder:
• Eating a lot of food, very fast
• Trying to hide how much they are eating
• Storing up supplies of food
• Putting on weight – though this doesn't happen to everyone with binge eating disorder
Getting help for binge eating disorder
If you think you may have binge eating disorder, see your GP as soon as you can.
They will ask you questions about your eating habits and how you're feeling, and will check your weight and overall health.
If they think you may have binge eating disorder, or another eating disorder, your GP should refer you to an eating disorder specialist or team of specialists.
It can be very hard to admit you have a problem and to ask for help. It may make things easier if you bring a friend or loved one with you to your appointment.
You can also talk in confidence to an adviser from eating disorders charity Beat by calling its adult helpline on 0808 801 0677 or youth helpline on 0808 801 0711.
For more information on binge eating disorder: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/binge-eating/
Want to see more videos about everything health and pharmacy? Let me know in the comments below. Subscribe for new videos ▶https://www.youtube.com/c/AbrahamThePharmacist
Prescribing Media Pharmacist | Extreme Optimist | Bringing Science Through New Videos Every Week - Monday 4PM(GMT) YouTube.
I'm a prescribing media pharmacist who loves science, making videos and helping people. I work in both GP surgeries and community pharmacy.
This video is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Abraham The Pharmacist has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Always consult a doctor or other healthcare professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions.
#howtostopovereating #overeatingcauses #overeating #howtostopovereatingatnight #stopovereating #Overeatingeffects #AbrahamThePharmacist #UKmediapharmacist #mediapharmacist #pharmacistpresenter #UKpharmacistpresenter