How To Use A Spacer With Inhaler | How To Use Spacer Device | How To Use Aerochamber With Ventolin
How To Use A Spacer For Children & Adults | How To Use Spacer With Mask & Without Mask | How To Use Aerochamber With Inhaler | How To Use Aerochamber With Mask & Without Mask
Hey guys! This weeks video is my most complete guide to using a metered dose inhaler with a spacer device. Make sure to watch it all and I promise you will be an inhaler and spacer device pro at the end of it.
An estimated 90% of patients use their metered dose inhaler incorrectly. Inadequate inhaler technique lowers drug deposition to the lungs, wastes medication and may lead to poor disease control, reduced quality of life, increased emergency hospital admissions and higher treatment costs.
Please spread the word to friends and family - Like, Share & Tag a Friend. So they can also master their inhaler technique when using a spacer device and manage their respiratory condition better.
HOW TO USE A SPACER WITH INHALER
1) Remove the inhaler and spacer cap. Carefully examine the products for damage, missing parts, or foreign objects. Remove any foreign objects prior to use. The products should be replaced immediately if there are any damaged or missing parts.
2) Firmly fit the two halves of the spacer together (If necessary).
3) Stand or sit upright when using your inhaler and spacer.
4) If you are starting a new inhaler or have not used the inhaler for more than one week you must prime your inhaler. Please read the information leaflet of your inhaler for instructions.
5) Hold the inhaler upright, insert into the spacer and shake 4 or 5 times.
6) Breathe out gently.
7) (Mouthpiece Spacer - Adults) Place the mouthpiece between your teeth without biting and form a good seal around it with your lips.
7) (Masked Spacer - Adults & Children) Apply mask to face and ensure an effective seal.
8) (Mouthpiece Spacer - Single Breath Technique - Adults) Press the inhaler at the beginning of a slow inhalation. Breathe in slowly and deeply through the mouth until a full breath has been taken. Hold breath for 5-10 seconds or however much comfortable.
8) (Mouthpiece Spacer - Tidal Breathing Technique - Adults) Press the inhaler at the beginning of a slow inhalation. Breathe in slowly and deeply through the mouth until a full breath has been taken. Keep lips tight on the mouthpiece breathing normally 2-3 times through the chamber.
8) (Masked Spacer - Tidal Breathing Technique - Adults & Children) Press the inhaler at the beginning of a slow inhalation. Breathe in slowly and deeply through the mask until a full breath has been taken. Keep mask tight on the face breathing normally 5-6 times through the chamber.
9) If you have done the SINGLE BREATHING TECHNIQUE remove mouthpiece from you mouth and hold your breath for 10 seconds or as long as is comfortable.
9) If you have done the TIDAL BREATHING TECHNIQUE, holding your breath is not necessary simply remove spacer.
10) If you have been advised to take another dose repeat the process again after 30-60 seconds.
11) Remove inhaler from spacer and replace the caps
straight away to keep out dust.
HOW TO USE INHALER WITHOUT A SPACER
I made a video on this a couple of months ago, feel free to watch it if you currently don't have a spacer device,
• Ensure the spacer is the correct one to fit your inhaler.
• If your inhaler contains a corticosteroid rinse your mouth
out with water after your dose.
• If you're ever unsure about your inhaler technique always double check with your pharmacist, nurse practitioner or GP.
• Always read the patient leaflet provided with your
inhaler and spacer for any specific instructions.
Want to see more videos about everything health and pharmacy? Let me know in the comments below. Subscribe for new videos ▶https://www.youtube.com/c/AbrahamThePharmacist
Prescribing Media Pharmacist | Bringing Science Through New Film Every Monday | Extreme Optimist
I'm a British - Persian - Iranian prescribing media pharmacist who loves science, making videos and helping people. I work in both GP surgeries and community pharmacy.
This video is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Abraham The Pharmacist has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Always consult a doctor or other healthcare professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions.
#howtouseaspacerwithinhaler #howtouseaspacerdeviceforasthma #howtouseaspacerforchildren #howtouseaspacerwithmask #howtouseaspacerwithventolin #howtousespacerwithinhaler #howtouseaerochamber #howtousearochamber #howtouseairochamber #howtouseaerochamberplus #howtouseaerochamberwithinhaler #howtouseaerochamberwithventolin #howtouseaerochamberwithmask #howtocleanspacersforinhaler #howtousespacerdevice #pharmacy #askyourpharmacist #staywellthiswinter #AbrahamThePharmacist #UKmediapharmacist #mediapharmacist #pharmacistpresenter #UKpharmacistpresenter