Are you trying To Get Rid Of Canker Sores? Learn How To Get Rid Of Canker Sores and Canker Sore Treatment!
00:00 How To Get Rid Of Canker Sores Treatment?
01:05 What Is A Canker Sore?
02:16 How To Get Rid Of Canker Sores?
04:12 Canker Sore Treatment?
09:32 How To Prevent A Canker Sore?
13:35 When To Seek Medical Attention?
15:09 Conclusion on Canker Sores?
Canker Sores (Mouth ulcers) are common and should clear up on their own within a week or 2. But see a GP or dentist if you have a mouth ulcer that lasts longer than 3 weeks.
HOW TO GET RID OF A CANKER SORE:
Canker sores are rarely a sign of anything serious, but may be uncomfortable to live with.
They need time to heal and there's no quick fix.
Avoiding things that irritate your mouth ulcer should help:
- Speed up the healing process
- Reduce pain
- Reduce the chance of it returning
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush
- Drink cool drinks through a straw
- Eat softer foods
- Get regular dental check-ups
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet
- Do not eat very spicy, salty or acidic food
- Do not eat rough, crunchy food, such as toast or crisps
- Do not drink very hot or acidic drinks, such as fruit juice
- Do not use chewing gum
- Do not use toothpaste containing sodium lauryl sulphate
WHEN TO SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION:
Seek medical advice if your Canker Sore,
- Lasts longer than 3 weeks
- Keeps coming back
- Grows bigger than usual or is near the back of your throat
- Bleeds or becomes more painful and red – this may be a sign of an infection
Although most mouth ulcers are harmless, a long-lasting mouth ulcer is sometimes a sign of mouth cancer. It's best to get it checked.
Want to see more videos about everything health and pharmacy? Let me know in the comments below. Subscribe for new videos ▶https://www.youtube.com/c/AbrahamThePharmacist
Prescribing Media Pharmacist | Extreme Optimist | Bringing Science Through New Videos Every Week - Monday 4PM(GMT) YouTube.
I'm a prescribing media pharmacist working in General Practice who loves science, making videos and helping people.
This video is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Abraham The Pharmacist has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Always consult a doctor or other healthcare professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions.